Plug Fouling???

3 replies to this topic
  • Chris_Slade

Posted September 12, 2001 - 07:48 PM

HOW do you foul a plug on a 4 stroke?????? My dad has his 426, bone stock, no carb changes, and I have my 520, bone stock, no carb changes, and we have never had plug problems. What the heck are all of you guys doing?????

------------------
'01 KTM 520 SX
'95 KX 250
AMA Dist 6 Member
Hare Scramble Class B #523

• Boit

Posted September 12, 2001 - 09:24 PM

Before you condemn many of these guys, you might be interested to know that the CDI unit was the culprit in many of these bikes. Also, some of the FCR had some manufacturing problems that allowed bleed-over from one circuit to another causing an excessivly rich condition at idle. So, to answer your question, WE guys are only trying to figure out what the hell is going on as well. When this plug fouling problem first reared its ugly head, the 4-stroke guys in the know had an inkling that something was amiss when some guys had no problems while others cursed their bikes. While you sit in judgement, we got busy and found the source of this problem and shared it with our fellow riders.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_Slade

Posted September 14, 2001 - 08:00 AM

I see, OK, that makes a little more sense. I just could NOT figure out how a four stroke was loading plugs, but a faulty ignition, that makes sense. I assumed it was something else, since with people always talking about jetting changes to a four stroke.

------------------
'01 KTM 520 SX
'95 KX 250 FOR SALE!!! -asking $2000 with decent amount of plastics/decals, parts!!
AMA Dist 6 Member
Hare Scramble Class B #523

• Bill

Posted September 14, 2001 - 12:14 PM

Some of us also had children, that loved to sit on Dads new bike and twist the throttle :)

Bill :D

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.