Where does the oil go?

4 replies to this topic
  • Stealth13

Posted May 22, 2012 - 06:21 AM

I try and do my oil changes every 900-1000km as I do a lot of street riding too, when I drain it I only get like 600-700ml out of the 1000 I put in. Where is it going? My friends 09 does the same thing. Don't think it's burning out the exhaust as there is no color or smell.

• zibbit u2

Posted May 22, 2012 - 01:07 PM

probably out the valve cover vent tube.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stealth13

Posted May 22, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Is it supposed to lose sOme? As it doesn't appear to be burning any

• Pooley

Posted May 22, 2012 - 03:06 PM

2 things come to mind. Oil WILL come out of the crankcase breather hose off the top of the valve cover. Usually it is just drops, but over time it could add up. Secondly, if you do not remove the oil filter from the right side of the engine, you will be leaving approximately 100 ml in the engine. Remove the oil filter and tip the bike to the side to get as much as you can.

• Stealth13

Posted May 22, 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm just worried that there was something wrong with it, maybe it is just dripping. I got 4500km on it now and haven't done anything to the bike besides change oil and tire

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.