New graphics

15 replies to this topic
  • The_Blue_One

Posted October 23, 2003 - 09:17 PM

I got the one industries alpha graphics.It is gonna take some getting used to but they look alright to me.I'm going to put the seat cover on tomorrow.I put it on for reference only.What do you guys think?

NEWPosted Image
OLDPosted Image

• Heckler

Posted October 23, 2003 - 09:34 PM

Nice.... Good job on the install :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted October 23, 2003 - 09:36 PM

Well since you did the install go ahead and pat yourself on the back :)

• Fryboy

Posted October 24, 2003 - 05:19 AM

I kinda like it Blue. Your right though, it's gonna take some time to get used to. Definately nice, next time have them installed correctly. :D Just kiddin squishy man! You did a good job. Hope mine come out that good :)

Any sure fire recipes Heckler? I appreciate any tips you can give me.

• motomanfan

Posted October 24, 2003 - 08:13 AM

Looks sweet Blue!!

I like it. The red looks great against the blue.

I just installed new graphics on mine too. Went on great with a heat gun :)

• drzphatkid

Posted October 24, 2003 - 08:33 AM

CHOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE ....just kidding .I want some graffics but can't find any that i like.There are not very many out there that fit the WR .I thought about the mach 1 graffics,someone said that YZF graffics will work with a little effort.Looks good hope they stay on ,i'm a big fan of N-style graffics they seem super tuff.Plus i already have the N-style gripper seat. :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted October 24, 2003 - 08:37 AM

I had the same problem..My stock ones were peeling finally and all the ones i liked were for a yz. If these don't stay on i'll go back to the stockers. They lasted almost a year and looked alright. I thought about Socal decal but that's alot of cash for stickers :)

Ya don't have to like em anyway my wife says they are buttugly :D

• holeshot426

Posted October 24, 2003 - 09:31 AM

Check out They usually have ripper deals on kits. I put the '03 Yamaha of Troy kit on my '02 WR 426. I had to trim a little on the tank and airbox graphics, but it went on nice and smooth. The seat cover was done by a local shop and for $30 the did a sweet job. My suggestion - get a small squeegee from a sign shop and use soapy water in spray bottle to apply the vinyl. You will thank yourself.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrkaholic

Posted October 24, 2003 - 11:40 AM

Hey Holeshot426, you are right motosportoutlet really has some good deals on graphics. I have all WR plastic and tank and I am considering the N-style boost mobil yamaha of troy or the N-style hot wheels for my 2002 wr426. I am worried about how these yz stickers will fit on my bike. :thinking:You said you had to trim the tank graphics, but, I thought the tank graphics would be too small. What about the shroud and rear fender? I also thought the seat foam was different on the WR, does this effect the seat cover? Can you post a picture? :) Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I know there are probably alot of WR users wondering about the yz fit. :D

• holeshot426

Posted October 24, 2003 - 01:36 PM

The tank graphics I just trimmed to match the WR tank lines, which wasnt much. I have YZ front and rear fenders so that wasnt an issue. The lower fork guards had to have squares cut out of them for the odo and brake line holders. Air box had minor trim to fit without much rollover. Yes, the seat foam is way different, but the apholstery shop had a steam box that almost heat shrinks the cover to the foam. Sure they had to stretch and trim the cover a little to get it to work but in the end the graphics lined up killer and it is nice and tight. I will try to get some pics over the wkend. I also swapped out my headlight for a blue number plate and put some black backgrounds all the way around. It looks tits, a hell of a lot better than stock and I have about 2 months on them with no sign of peeling yet at all.

• foursmoke

Posted October 24, 2003 - 03:28 PM

I have those same graphics ( - the seat cover ). I like them alot and they have held up great :). I have red " ebach moto spring" stickers on the sides of my front fender and they bring it together nicely :D. I like the contrast of the red on blue, It sets it apart from my friends 03 WR250's and other bikes I have seen on the trails we ride.

Smoke :D

• The_Blue_One

Posted October 24, 2003 - 04:13 PM

I'm glad to hear they are holding up. I got the seat cover sice that was all they had. I put in on and it looks cool and being a gripper should be nice. :)

• foursmoke

Posted October 24, 2003 - 08:26 PM

I thought those seat covers were slippery on the sides due to the graphics but the tops were grippers. That would not work for me when I'm standing and trying to hold on with my legs. I plan on getting one of those complete gripper seats that have the blue and black like the stock ones.My graphics mostly look new still cuz I've had no crashes :), just a drop or two :D. Having to work on Mondays with a house and family I ride within my capabilities but still manage to get alittle bit faster every week :D. I love this bike!!!!

• KiwiThumper

Posted October 29, 2003 - 02:02 PM

Hey Blue,

Was that the YZ450 graphics on your WR?
You certainly did a great job. but I was wondering how much you had to trim (if at all) off the graphics to make them fit.
I had heard the radiator gaurds on the YZ were different than the WR ones.
Have I been led up the garden path ....

Cheers Deano

• The_Blue_One

Posted October 29, 2003 - 03:53 PM

Hey Blue,

Was that the YZ450 graphics on your WR?
You certainly did a great job. but I was wondering how much you had to trim (if at all) off the graphics to make them fit.
I had heard the radiator gaurds on the YZ were different than the WR ones.
Have I been led up the garden path ....

Cheers Deano

Nope those are meant for the 450.One industries make them and they went right on without any triming. They have grown on me and i kinda like em now. :)

• foursmoke

Posted October 29, 2003 - 04:40 PM

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.