muffler vibration

2 replies to this topic
  • davidjay

Posted May 21, 2012 - 04:46 PM

I recently put a lowering link on my 03 wr 450. The first thing I noticed when I took the first ride with the lower bike was a that the bike had a strange new sound/vibration from the exhaust. Not necessarily louder but very nauseating.... really, it had a resonance that literally made me nauseous! I tried re packing the muffler and it helped but only minimally. I cant figure how the lowering link could have caused this but it did. Keep in mind the muffler did not change position relative to the seat. Any ideas what caused this or how I can make the muffler quieter? By the way, I have a DR.D exhaust.
Davidjay

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted May 21, 2012 - 04:50 PM

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that it didn't! I can't see how it could, so I'm thinking it's just coincedence. What kind of condition is the rubber inside the muffler mounting bracket? When my '06 started developing a vibration, I replaced the rubber mounting, and it fixed my issue.
Maniac

• davidjay

Posted May 25, 2012 - 04:06 PM

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that it didn't! I can't see how it could, so I'm thinking it's just coincedence. What kind of condition is the rubber inside the muffler mounting bracket? When my '06 started developing a vibration, I replaced the rubber mounting, and it fixed my issue.
Maniac

I believe the rubber is fine. I will take a better look though. What about the rear spring. The lowering link would have made changed the tension in the spring. Maybe if I stiffen this up it will change the vibration.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.