Rekluse bad for tranny...

13 replies to this topic
  • bikedude987

Posted May 21, 2012 - 03:29 PM

And I don't mean when i've got my red dress on...

I just came into a 2005 wr450f with z-start pro auto clutch on it. I want to keep the rear brake setup, but I don't like the idea of shifting with the clutch engaged all the time, especially downshifting on the road or upshifting with little engine load (high load you can control the shift point by blipping the throttle after preloading the shifter).

I want to keep the left hand rear brake.

I want to be able to override the clutch.

I don't neccessarilly want to keep the rear brake.

What are my options?

• MANIAC998

Posted May 21, 2012 - 04:27 PM

Your options? Your options are, do whatever you want.
Maniac

• dirtbikekid32

Posted May 21, 2012 - 04:35 PM

And I don't mean when i've got my red dress on...

I just came into a 2005 wr450f with z-start pro auto clutch on it. I want to keep the rear brake setup, but I don't like the idea of shifting with the clutch engaged all the time, especially downshifting on the road or upshifting with little engine load (high load you can control the shift point by blipping the throttle after preloading the shifter).

I want to keep the left hand rear brake.

I want to be able to override the clutch.

I don't neccessarilly want to keep the rear brake.

What are my options?

You cant have your cake and eat it too haha.. I havent heard any of the other guys running the Rekluse and LH brake saying they have had any failures becuase of that..

• Stealth13

Posted May 21, 2012 - 06:59 PM

You cannot have your cake and eat it too, my buddy has left hand brake and likes it. You can make it foot brake and have a clutch override on the left lever .

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 21, 2012 - 07:50 PM

I have been shifting without the brake for years now. Back off the throttle a little, click up or down. It will work just fine.

Its not a street bike. Its a dirt bike and its designed for that.

God forbid you are on some gnarly uphill, fighting for traction and trying to hold momentum. You will need to pound that bike into a lower gear without losing the engine.

• bikedude987

Posted May 22, 2012 - 07:12 AM

A) i can have my cake and eat it too...

B ) it will possibly be supermoto'd in the future and shiftng with the clutch engaged all the time will be annoying if nothing else on the street...

Edited by bikedude987, May 22, 2012 - 07:13 AM.

• Slackkinhard

Posted May 22, 2012 - 07:14 AM

http://www.clake.com.au/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bikedude987

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:48 AM

Yeah, i've seen those. I don't like the idea of them being linked like that (I don't particularly like the price either, that's more than a third of the entire bike cost...). I figure I will probably go the rekluse 2 finger route or maybe make a custom foot operated clutch... that could be slick/lots of work...

• n16ht5

Posted May 22, 2012 - 05:18 PM

I have a 2 finger over ride on my LHRB. only use it for street downshifts. cush hub too. People will argue all day about clutchless shifting and tranny life.. I don't think it hurts your tranny if you do it right, although it requires more work to get right. I tend to use it on downshifts while slabbing to be safe.

cyclebuy.com call them

I absolutely LOVE my LHRB/Clutch combo.

Posted Image

Edited by n16ht5, May 22, 2012 - 09:13 PM.

• bikedude987

Posted May 23, 2012 - 10:27 AM

So....do i need the perch adjuster with the 2 finger override? what exacttly does the perch adjuster do?

• n16ht5

Posted May 23, 2012 - 10:18 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about...

Edited by n16ht5, May 23, 2012 - 10:19 PM.

• bikedude987

Posted May 24, 2012 - 07:35 AM

it is a rekluse product i've usually seen when running a manual override. I think it just keeps tension on the cable when the clutch engages/disengages...and you can fine tune said tension.

• idahojoe

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:08 AM

it is a rekluse product i've usually seen when running a manual override. I think it just keeps tension on the cable when the clutch engages/disengages...and you can fine tune said tension.

The perch adjuster is for Z-start, not Z-start Pro. Secondly, there's a new LHRB comming which will allow you to keep your stock clutch lever and add a LHRB. It's still 2 months away however. I like cake!

• bikedude987

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:18 AM

hmmm...decisions decisions...

fyi, i don't have the pro IIRC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.