Bike studdering when cruising?

2 replies to this topic
  • kwinn044

Posted May 20, 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hi i recently jetted my bike, did the AIS, adjustable fuel screw and put YZ exhaust on. Couldn't be happier with the performance gains so i must have done something right since that was my first time jetting a carb. The bike is responsive throughout the throttle range but when i am cruising at a consistant speed around mid-high rpm range the bike starts to stutter. I am guessing this has something to do with the jetting. If anyone has had the same problem and could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

168 MJ
48PJ
45LJ i think
110MAJ
red needle 4th clip
0- 3000 ft ASL
15-25 degrees celcius 60-80 fahrenheit

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted May 20, 2012 - 04:54 PM

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). Search how to adjust the TPS and the studder should go away. Not many (if any) notice the TPS being poorly adjusted from the factory while on the trail, but it is VERY common when the bikes are on the road at constant speed.

Edited by Pooley, May 20, 2012 - 04:55 PM.

• nuckingfutts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 09:28 PM

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). Search how to adjust the TPS and the studder should go away. Not many (if any) notice the TPS being poorly adjusted from the factory while on the trail, but it is VERY common when the bikes are on the road at constant speed.

Simply unplug the tps and see if problem is still there. I have a very noticeable difference in mine when unplugged. Nice and smooth, but seems to lose some of the punch. :cry:
I have yet to re-calibrate mine. This is something I plan on doing very soon.

Edited by nuckingfutts, May 20, 2012 - 09:29 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.