NewBe on the board

4 replies to this topic
  • Jpfrk

Posted October 23, 2003 - 02:21 PM

Yo everyone, just checkin in on this board for the first time. I am lookin into picking up either a WR400 or 426 in the next few months, after I sell the Jeep. I was wondering what I should expect to pay for one. I've done quite a bit of research and this bike seems to fill the bill for me the best. I rode MX as a teen and converted over to Jeepin for the last few years, but it's just too slow and way to expensive. I'm sure you'll all agree the WR is the way to go, right?

• holeshot426

Posted October 23, 2003 - 03:08 PM

Welcome, you will find a wealth of knowledge on this site. One thing to keep in mind is that '02 and older are green sticker if it even matters.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahasocal450

Posted October 23, 2003 - 03:12 PM

i think a new 426 would be around 5000+ and a used one anything below that, keep in mind after market parts like bars clamps chain, pipe etc on a used one because if you buy new you will have to swap those out unless you can manage not to crash ever :D :D :)

• Jetster220

Posted October 23, 2003 - 05:36 PM

Welcome to TT, the best place for all dirtbike info you could want. And oh yeah going back to dirtbiking is the best idea :)

• BigBlueWR

Posted October 23, 2003 - 07:19 PM

I just bought my '99 WR (Street legal) with the mods below for $2700. It's not a garage queen, but should get the job done.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.