What are these for?

2 replies to this topic
  • lewis87

Posted May 18, 2012 - 08:00 AM

What are these plastic things that wrap around the bottom of the forks for? My front tyre keeps touching the one on the LHS when the forks compress enough (wider front tyre, supermoto) so I have taken them off. Was just wondering what they are supposed to do.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • i_wheelie_longer

Posted May 18, 2012 - 08:05 AM

They are wear rings designed to protect your fork tubes from the lower plastic fork guards. The white plastic rings will wear (rather than the fork tubes) from the fork guards sliding against them when the front forks are compressed and decompressed.

• lewis87

Posted May 18, 2012 - 08:25 AM

They are wear rings designed to protect your fork tubes from the lower plastic fork guards. The white plastic rings will wear (rather than the fork tubes) from the fork guards sliding against them when the front forks are compressed and decompressed.

Thanks, :cry:

I knew they had to be for something.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.