YZ426 in the dunes.

4 replies to this topic
  • Nevada426

Posted September 11, 2001 - 05:59 PM

Has anyone on this forum ridden their YZ426 in the dunes? I'm going to the dunes this weekend and have to make a choice CR500 or YZ426, and do not want to drive all the way there to find out the 426 doesn't have what it takes.

------------------
2000 YZ426F
2001 CR500R

• Glen_T

Posted September 11, 2001 - 06:36 PM

I just got back from a week at the Oregon Dunes. Great place. If you stay on the gas, the 426 is good fun, but given the choice I'd take my old 88 cr5 over the 426.
Not because the 426 didn't cut it, just that the cr got going in the sand just a bit quicker. An interesting sideline. On a long stretch of sand, using a handlebar mounted GPS, I got the 426 going over 81mph with a padle tire!

Have FUN!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • timmorg

Posted September 12, 2001 - 05:53 AM

I do about a 1/4 of my riding in the dunes and I love how the 426 responds. It gets it on for the hill climbs-where banshees stop in 3rd I shift through 5th and blow past them. It also works great for jumping although with the taller size of the paddle tire I tend to bottom out a little bit more. Try a ten-paddle-this bike really rips

:) Joe

• benny_d

Posted September 12, 2001 - 06:26 AM

The 426 owns the dunes! I have a banshee that is built to the nut as well and I would rather be on the nearly stock yz. There are very few things faster and even fewer that are more enjoyable.

• Nevada426

Posted September 12, 2001 - 06:18 PM

Sweet, sounds like I might give the ol' 426 a try. To bad I probably won't get the parts I ordered, this sucks. Oh well, I guess it's better than having cheesedicks flying airplanes.

------------------
2000 YZ426F
2001 CR500R

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.