Big Gun Exhaust - too loud...

1 reply to this topic

Posted October 23, 2003 - 09:33 AM

Not sure if it's taboo or not in MX circles but I need to quiet my big gun. It's the older model 1998 (has rivits holding the "big Gun" name plate on it)for my 98 wr400. I spoke with the company and they want $50 for the "Quiet Core" that I'll have to trim slightly to fit and another $22 bucks for the "repack kit" + ship. ...any ideas on a lower cost alternative?

I don't wanna bumm my neighbors and others Ishare the trail with so any help is greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted October 24, 2003 - 08:38 AM

Have you checked the packing in the current setup? If you haven't replaced it as a matter of general maintenance, chances are it is long gone. Repack it and see if that brings it back to an acceptable sound level.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.