factory yamaha bikes

6 replies to this topic
  • cablemonkey334

Posted May 17, 2012 - 03:57 AM

did anyone catch the pre race report that said millsaps and the rockstar boy where on bikes from factory yamaha that went a different way then the jgr bikes?

• HRC

Posted May 17, 2012 - 08:24 AM

No didnt catch that, but sounds interesting...please tell more about it !?

• rickallen124

Posted May 17, 2012 - 05:01 PM

It was a podcast with Steve Matthes. Can't remember which one, since he's done a few recently but someone commented on the fact that Star/Valli has been working/testing with Factory Yamaha for outdoors and that they had gone in a different direction, I think chassis setup, than JGR. Star/Valli has been running a OW, works yamaha motor, in a few of the 450's during sx. Millsaps has been testing with Factory Yamaha the last little while in CA.

Edited by rickallen124, May 17, 2012 - 05:03 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aja342

Posted May 17, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hellz yeah. If this is true it means more than just graphix changes in the near future.

• HRC

Posted May 17, 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hellz yeah. If this is true it means more than just graphix changes in the near future.

Well, don't count on anything big in 2013. Talking to some people who should know and reading/listening to online stuff their ain't gonna be more than the usuall , new graphics , a suspension update and some other small update.

Just by the fact that Stewart left JGR/Yamaha in the middle of the season just tells me it ain't going to happen much chassi wise for 2013. If Yamaha would come up with some big changes for next season Stewart probably would have stayed with JGR and collected his big money check from Yamaha and waited out for a new generation yz450. I'm pretty sure JS7 asked if anything new is coming up before he left for the yellow submarine

But 2014 will be a interesting year for Yamaha riders.

• jcm3

Posted May 21, 2012 - 08:36 AM

I know the big controversy is the handling, with the engine relocation. From what I read in MXA, all of the national level riders are already running the kits, which move the engine forward. So, if you are talking about local riders that don't have the time or energy to address, then you could be right. (but people at my skill level probably don't feel it anyway, I know I don't)

For national level riders, it sounds like they have already addressed that situation via the aftermarket.

Is there another big change that people are talking about? Or, do you have any inside information? :cry:

Edited by jcm3, May 22, 2012 - 08:05 AM.

• rickallen124

Posted May 22, 2012 - 05:31 PM

Well, don't count on anything big in 2013. Talking to some people who should know and reading/listening to online stuff their ain't gonna be more than the usuall , new graphics , a suspension update and some other small update.

Just by the fact that Stewart left JGR/Yamaha in the middle of the season just tells me it ain't going to happen much chassi wise for 2013. If Yamaha would come up with some big changes for next season Stewart probably would have stayed with JGR and collected his big money check from Yamaha and waited out for a new generation yz450. I'm pretty sure JS7 asked if anything new is coming up before he left for the yellow submarine

Sounds like new bikes for both the 250f and 450f in 2014.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.