Supermoto Wheels for a 98/99WR400

All,

Please dont shoot me, ? ive scoured high and low, spent hour after hour ? searching for this information but I am yet to read a post by anyone who answers this question.

What other road going bikes wheels fit a WR400 98/99 model? I would like to have some supermoto wheels to save the nobblies for the green laning so im after a set of 17" of a normal road bike.

I have seen some comments about a CBR600 fitting and some other suggest a GSXR400 will fit but does anyone know as the only ones I can see to fit cost a fortune.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Either get a set designed for your bike in a kit (DNA, Excel, Warp9), or contact Buchanan Spoke & Rim and get a custom set of hoops laced up to your hubs. Both can be expensive routes to go. To go the other route using sporty wheels, usually requires a fair amount of machining.

Either get a set designed for your bike in a kit (DNA, Excel, Warp9), or contact Buchanan Spoke & Rim and get a custom set of hoops laced up to your hubs. Both can be expensive routes to go. To go the other route using sporty wheels, usually requires a fair amount of machining.

Thanks,

By machining do you just mean spacers or new brackets for brakes etc?

Machining might involve the modifying the width of the hub, axles, bearings, brake brackets... really anything. Your best bet would be to field your questions over on supermotojunkie and see if maybe someone there is selling a used setup (cheapest route by a LONG margin), or they might be able to suggest where you should go.