Supermoto Wheels for a 98/99WR400

4 replies to this topic
  • simbak01

Posted May 16, 2012 - 01:55 PM

All,

Please dont shoot me, :cry: ive scoured high and low, spent hour after hour :cry: searching for this information but I am yet to read a post by anyone who answers this question.

What other road going bikes wheels fit a WR400 98/99 model? I would like to have some supermoto wheels to save the nobblies for the green laning so im after a set of 17" of a normal road bike.
I have seen some comments about a CBR600 fitting and some other suggest a GSXR400 will fit but does anyone know as the only ones I can see to fit cost a fortune.

Thanks in advance

Simon

• zibbit u2

Posted May 16, 2012 - 03:57 PM

Either get a set designed for your bike in a kit (DNA, Excel, Warp9), or contact Buchanan Spoke & Rim and get a custom set of hoops laced up to your hubs. Both can be expensive routes to go. To go the other route using sporty wheels, usually requires a fair amount of machining.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simbak01

Posted May 17, 2012 - 12:02 PM

Either get a set designed for your bike in a kit (DNA, Excel, Warp9), or contact Buchanan Spoke & Rim and get a custom set of hoops laced up to your hubs. Both can be expensive routes to go. To go the other route using sporty wheels, usually requires a fair amount of machining.

Thanks,
By machining do you just mean spacers or new brackets for brakes etc?

• zibbit u2

Posted May 17, 2012 - 02:13 PM

Machining might involve the modifying the width of the hub, axles, bearings, brake brackets... really anything. Your best bet would be to field your questions over on supermotojunkie and see if maybe someone there is selling a used setup (cheapest route by a LONG margin), or they might be able to suggest where you should go.

• GlennR

Posted May 17, 2012 - 07:54 PM

Here's a link that might help. I think it's a good one for DIY sumo on the cheap.

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=742198

It's about a DR350, so not exactly the same specs, but will get you started.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.