How to remove impeller shaft?

7 replies to this topic
  • proamature

Posted May 15, 2012 - 05:00 PM

Put brand new impeller in and gasket. Then noticed shaft has wobble room. And also still leeks

• MANIAC998

Posted May 15, 2012 - 06:09 PM

You'll have to pull the complete sidecover off to get to that shaft. Hopefully, you own a manual for that bike. It'll show you how to do it.
Maniac

• proamature

Posted May 15, 2012 - 06:12 PM

WHAT?!?!?!? The whole side of the case?? Uh oh. How hard is this to do? Will stuff fall out? Like gears?

• proamature

Posted May 15, 2012 - 06:27 PM

Oh never mind I just looked the exploded view up. That ain't bad. Guess I'll start tomarrow. Looks like ima miss the trails Saturday :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zibbit u2

Posted May 17, 2012 - 10:45 AM

Replace the bearing in there too

• proamature

Posted May 17, 2012 - 12:11 PM

I think ima go ahead and do those three bearings/seals and the impeller shaft. Just go ahead and do it all while it's taken apart

• zibbit u2

Posted May 17, 2012 - 02:17 PM

when you tear the assembly apart, pay VERY close attention to how the seals orient themselves in relation to the bearing and shaft. There's lots of members who've messed that up many times, only to have to remove/replace everything again. If in doubt, search on here because there's pretty much 100's of threads on here from ppl asking how they go.

• proamature

Posted May 17, 2012 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure I would have done it wrong and have to do it over again. I'll take pictures so I remember.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.