Baja designs kit unclear headlight wiring instructions

3 replies to this topic
  • Zyzz45

Posted May 15, 2012 - 11:09 AM

this is what the instructions say

-Attach the orange w/white tracer and the red & green pair group with small
white plastic connector to the flasher attached to the headlight.
-Attach the black plastic H4 headlight connector to the three prongs from
the back of the headlight. The stock headlight connector will no longer be
used. The short green & brown wires coming from the headlight
connector will remain unplugged for this installation. Do not attach
them together.

This made no sense to me so I just connected the stock healight wiring back up and now the headlight is stuck on lowbeam and the hi-beam, low-beam switch does nothing

Anybody have a similar problem!?

• Akamatsu

Posted May 15, 2012 - 02:43 PM

I am assuming you are putting on a BD Dual Sport Kit?

[color=#282828]-Attach the orange w/white tracer and the red & green pair group with small [/color]
[color=#282828]]white plastic connector to the flasher attached to the headlight. [/color]
[color=#ff0000]This step is just having you plug in the "Flasher" that is used to make the turn signals blink. If you got a new headlight from BD, it is already attached, if not then it can be mounted to the headlight or behind it.[/color]

[color=#282828]-Attach the black plastic H4 headlight connector to the three prongs from [/color]
[color=#282828]the back of the headlight. The stock headlight connector will no longer be[/color]
[color=#282828]used. The short green & brown wires coming from the headlight [/color]
[color=#282828]connector will remain unplugged for this installation. Do not attach [/color]
[color=#282828]them together.[/color]
[color=#ff0000]The new front wiring harness includes a new 3-prong headlight connector that plugs into the H4 headlight, you don't use the stock plug from the factory. There are also a green and brown wire right next to where the 3-prong connection is, just use electrical tape and tape them off as they are not used.[/color]

Did you buy the complete kit? Did you have BD modify your stator or do it yourself? Did you change the regulator/rectifier with the BD one? Are your turn signals working? Tailight? Brake light?

Edited by Akamatsu, May 15, 2012 - 02:49 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huntersk2k4

Posted May 17, 2012 - 07:26 PM

I just finished installing this kit reusing my stock headlight. the only problem i had was they never mentioned anything about the leftover pigtail that is identical to the headlight connector so make sure you look at the wire colors on each plug. all the other pigatils only go one way if you follow the color code. the extra plug they wired in is for an acewell speedo if you decide to go that route.

• Zyzz45

Posted May 20, 2012 - 06:45 AM

[color=#ff0000]The new front wiring harness includes a new 3-prong headlight connector that plugs into the H4 headlight, you don't use the stock plug from the factory. There are also a green and brown wire right next to where the 3-prong connection is, just use electrical tape and tape them off as they are not used.[/color]

Did you buy the complete kit? Did you have BD modify your stator or do it yourself? Did you change the regulator/rectifier with the BD one? Are your turn signals working? Tailight? Brake light?

yeah the complete kit for my 2005, I'm confised on this H4 headlight, I have the stock headlight. Everything else works. I have an extra 3 prong wire there that must be for the headlight but it doesn't line up with the 3 prongs on the headlight.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.