What now?

2 replies to this topic
  • proamature

Posted May 14, 2012 - 12:29 PM

So finally got my bike all put together and took it out to some trails. Has a very hard time starting at.east 8 kicks but when it's running does perfect no popping but will not idle I've played with the idle screw and mixture scre but nothing.. Running low octane fuel. Not 93 and haven't messed with the needle has full white brothers exhauset and open air box. Would running 93 fix my problem? Or set the needle
Thank you
-nick-

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zibbit u2

Posted May 14, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hard starting can be attibuted to tight valves, too small/plugged starter jet, plugged pilot jet or possibly incorrect float height.

not being able to idle would point towards a plugged pilot jet/fuel screw adjustment.

Edited by rs25, May 14, 2012 - 12:51 PM.

• proamature

Posted May 14, 2012 - 05:32 PM

Actually I fixed it :banghead: it was way lean very top notch. So cleaned the carb even though it wasn't dirty... Better do it while it's off. Then put the needle setting in the middle put the carb back on turned mixture screw out 2.5 turns and it's all good now. One kick and no smoke or studded

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.