My new 2012 YZ450 gets a Yoshimura RS4 full stainless steel system

10 replies to this topic
  • slygary

Posted May 14, 2012 - 01:08 AM

I think Yoshimura make the best quality exhaust systems on the market. Realy happy with it, the only fault with it is that the muffler pushed out the number plate by about 5mm at the seat bolt as you can see in the last pic,was easy to install and sounds orsm ! Took heaps of pics, hope some of you guys like it as much as i do.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by slygary, May 14, 2012 - 01:17 AM.

• Pmason718

Posted May 14, 2012 - 08:31 PM

Looks good. Does the slip on make it stick out a lil as well? would you happen to know

• slygary

Posted May 15, 2012 - 12:37 AM

Naa sorry mate i wouldnt know if the slip-on makes the number plate stick out as well.

• phiderman

Posted May 15, 2012 - 06:50 AM

it does

• Troutman

Posted May 15, 2012 - 02:01 PM

Great pipe, I have the same on mine, It really opens up the top end revs which the stocker choked off it sounds great as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pmason718

Posted June 08, 2013 - 10:02 AM

I'm looking at getting this exhaust what are your thoughts now that you've had it for a while?

• gofaster450

Posted June 09, 2013 - 05:01 PM

I have a 2012 YZ450 and have the RS4 slip on. I have been very happy with the fit, finish and the results. With the stock tune and the slip on installed the bike reved out further than with the stock muffler. For me, it was a worth while addition.

• Pmason718

Posted June 10, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Besides hp what is the advantage of purchasing the full system in this case

• MVanDii

Posted July 08, 2013 - 09:00 AM

Weight. The stock system weighs alot compared to the yoshimira. I'm curious about that "shortcut" in the pipe though. I'd like to hear more. Also, do you have a picture that shows how far past the number plate the muffler sticks?

• slygary

Posted July 10, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Here is a pic of how far the pipe sticks out of the number plate. I think any after market pipe such as FMF, PC and Yoshi totally wake the bike up and give better throttle response and feel. Not to mention the sound is unreal.

• MVanDii

Posted July 10, 2013 - 06:57 AM

It looks about the same length. I think I'll take the time to learn how handle my beast for a bit before waking it up! I like that roll around stand though!

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.