2011 YZ450F Preload adjuster

13 replies to this topic
  • JamesYZF

Posted May 13, 2012 - 05:36 PM

So my preload adjuster ring needs to be cut off and need to get a new one on my rear shock. But for the life of me, I can't find any online to see what the cost of it is or order one up. I tried looking on Yamaha's online parts catalog, and the closest thing I can come across is a "Seat, Spring upper", part # is 33D-22213-00.

The diagram can be found @ http://www.motorcycl...2011&fveh=51694 , and looks to be #7 from what the diagram says.

Is that the right part I'm looking for? I wanted the experts opinion on this before I go through with the purchase.

• grayracer513

Posted May 13, 2012 - 07:48 PM

The adjuster ring is 33D-22213-00-00, and the lock ring is 33D-22234-00-00.

• Monk

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:01 PM

How about an X-trig instead of the ring? Its a little more expensive but its the cats meow!

Heres a link for MXAs test of it....
http://motocrossacti...DJUST-7346.aspx

• JamesYZF

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thank you very much for your time. I very much appreciate it.

• JamesYZF

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:07 PM

How about an X-trig instead of the ring? Its a little more expensive but its the cats meow!

Heres a link for MXAs test of it....
http://motocrossacti...DJUST-7346.aspx

That would be much easier to adjust the sag for sure. But, a bit more than I am willing to spend atm. Thanks for your recommendation.

• Monk

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:15 PM

That would be much easier to adjust the sag for sure. But, a bit more than I am willing to spend atm. Thanks for your recommendation.

My experts opinion is go with the X-trig.....whats going to stop it from happening again? What about downtime?

How often are you adjusting your preload to get to a point where you have to replace it.....just sayin!

• phiderman

Posted May 13, 2012 - 09:08 PM

if the one on your bike is the same one on my 2010 i would get the rings from factory connection. they sell a billet set and are much more durable and less likely to destroy the threads on your shock. thats what i bought after mine seized and damaged my threads. no problems since.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rdefonce

Posted May 16, 2012 - 08:49 AM

if the one on your bike is the same one on my 2010 i would get the rings from factory connection. they sell a billet set and are much more durable and less likely to destroy the threads on your shock. thats what i bought after mine seized and damaged my threads. no problems since.

Same here, siezed and stupid me I kept turning it. Ruined some threads.
Now I need spring compressor if I ever have to replace spring.:-o

I put on one from a Honda, works perfect and made from much better material (it's steel, not crappy soft aluminum.)

• rdefonce

Posted May 16, 2012 - 08:58 AM

Same here, siezed and stupid me I kept turning it. Ruined some threads.
Now I need spring compressor if I ever have to replace spring.:-o

I put on one from a Honda, works perfect and made from much better material (it's steel, not crappy soft aluminum.)

specifically, it's for '02 thru '08 CRF450R, and fit's my YZ450F perfectly.

• delmas

Posted May 16, 2012 - 04:52 PM

get a 2007 crf450 honda set of pre load rings and you won't the problem any more

• TahitianRed

Posted March 23, 2013 - 08:55 PM

Put an X-Trig on my 2008 YZ450F and after bolting things back together I noticed the airbox partially blocked the hex head. Maybe it's time to add some air holes to right side of the box. LOL

Anyone else running an X-Trig pre load ring on their 2008 or 2009 YZ450F?

• grayracer513

Posted March 24, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Put an X-Trig on my 2008 YZ450F and after bolting things back together I noticed the airbox partially blocked the hex head. Maybe it's time to add some air holes to right side of the box. LOL

Anyone else running an X-Trig pre load ring on their 2008 or 2009 YZ450F?

I have on on my '06, and yes, the air box does interfere with it a bit, but it's still usable with either a nut driver or a tee handle.

• TahitianRed

Posted March 24, 2013 - 09:31 PM

I have on on my '06, and yes, the air box does interfere with it a bit, but it's still usable with either a nut driver or a tee handle.

Yep the 1/4" drive 8mm deep socket and extension is definitely out. Tee handle was my next option, but woould have liked to use the power drill on it. LOL

• SAthump

Posted July 11, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Does anyone have an X-trig mounted on a 10+ ??

I have one but found I would need a spring compressor (which I do not own) so I left it off, It seemed it was going to have a minimum of 10mm preload as well.

Now I had one on my KTM and thought it was great.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.