Tried a adjustable linkarm on my -12 this weekend...

2 replies to this topic
  • HRC

Posted May 13, 2012 - 12:28 PM

Got my suspension rebuilt and upgraded to a KYB GP-kit, same kit as I had last season. But this time it is updated with a adjustable linkarm.

The linkarm lovers the rear and seems to stable up the chassi. The most improvement was out of corners with ruts and sharp edge bumps. Bike seemed to go on rails and stayed in line much better than with stock setup. The sharpe edge bumps couldn´t almost be felt at all.

Bike also seem to handle better in straightline, going over small whoops was much easier. Chassi seemed calmer .

I only rode on sandtracks this weekend but will get an update after riding on hardpack aswell.

The linkarm can be adjusted in 5 different positions. I choose to run it in the position nr 4. I don´t know exactlly how much this lowers the rear compared to stock but you could clearly see that the bike was lower by just looking at it sitting on the stand.

The bike seemed to be slightly, slightly harder to turn around in tight corners but I´m pretty sure it can be improved by adjusting the forks in the clamps. ( I have my forks level with the clamps right now). I also have a stiffer fork setting now compared to the stock setup I had before, that may also be a reason for feeling a little harder to turn. But It wasn´t a problem at all, just something I felt was different compared to stock.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SparksXR426

Posted May 13, 2012 - 06:48 PM

That link looks pretty slick, wasnt aware that Devol had one available and the adjustability is nice. I have the Pro Circuit link on mine with .48s in the front but stock otherwise. I would agree with you about the difference it made to the chassis, feels far more planted and predictable but a little bit slower turning. Not as slow turning as my 08 was but noticably slower than box stock, a good trade off overall. My buddy had Tim at Enzo set up his 2011 with the GP kit and while it feels good it still has problems in very tight corners when your trying to come out hard, we're going to try the link on his bike this week but we arent sure how the Enzo stuff will react to it. Im guessing the link went on your bike when the suspension was done? Obviously it seemed to work good for you, just wondering how it felt with stock valving and the link vs revalved and the link.

• HRC

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:10 PM

That link looks pretty slick, wasnt aware that Devol had one available and the adjustability is nice. I have the Pro Circuit link on mine with .48s in the front but stock otherwise. I would agree with you about the difference it made to the chassis, feels far more planted and predictable but a little bit slower turning. Not as slow turning as my 08 was but noticably slower than box stock, a good trade off overall. My buddy had Tim at Enzo set up his 2011 with the GP kit and while it feels good it still has problems in very tight corners when your trying to come out hard, we're going to try the link on his bike this week but we arent sure how the Enzo stuff will react to it. Im guessing the link went on your bike when the suspension was done? Obviously it seemed to work good for you, just wondering how it felt with stock valving and the link vs revalved and the link.

My suspension was built to be used with this linkarm.

I can also mention that I now have my freesag set at 30mm with the link installed

Edited by HRC, May 13, 2012 - 08:12 PM.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.