Does FMF usually answer their mail?

16 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted October 22, 2003 - 12:17 PM

I'm considering buying one of those Q mufflers for my WR.

I used the e-mail provided on the FMF website to ask about the power improvement I should expect but received no answer today :).

Do these guys usually answer back within few days?

Thanks guys

• MOmilkman

Posted October 22, 2003 - 01:07 PM

I emailed them a while back and did get a response. It did take a few days if I remember correctly.

Be patient, Im sure they get a ton of email.

• JerseyDirt

Posted October 23, 2003 - 06:14 AM

FMF sucks when it comes to customer service. They never ever to this day returned a single one of my three emails which were all sent on seperate occasions. When I called them with a technical question, the kid I spoke with knew even less than I did about their broducts. I feel like a chump cause I bought their exhaust anyway, but I'll never make that mistake again. :)

JD

• geo199

Posted October 23, 2003 - 06:57 AM

Unless you are a large distributor of FMF products don't expect too much if any help out of them. their customer service definitly does suck!i ordered a full Q pipe for my drz a few years ago and they shipped the muffler without the
header and charged me for both. all i got was aggravated since they never returned phone calls or e-mails.i did'nt get the header for 45 days! f them!

• Dan_from_HB

Posted October 27, 2003 - 04:32 PM

I think they just hate people from New Jersey. :)

• Math

Posted October 27, 2003 - 04:54 PM

I think they just hate people from New Jersey.

If so, what do they think about people from Québec :D, :)

• erg01426

Posted October 27, 2003 - 05:06 PM

I don't think it matters where your from.

I've asked question through their website and never gotten a response.
If you call they will try and help but it usually doesn't.

I had jetting issues with my Q and the tech guy said he didn't know but he did refer me to Dynojet(?). He said they do all of the testing and have the best answers for specific questions.

He was right. Got my questions answered in 2 minutes on the phone with dynojet. Go figure.

• Math

Posted October 27, 2003 - 05:16 PM

I'll try. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR250fla

Posted October 27, 2003 - 06:50 PM

I ordered my Ti-4 from Pro Circuit and got great service and a pipe that helped the power of a WR 450 from the bottom to the top.Look in the last issue of MXA for a dyno test pipe comparision on a YZ 450 F. I ordered my pipe on Thursday night,had them ship it Friday via overnite and it was at my door Saturday.
If your looking for quiet, check out the 496 or what ever it is. I hear it works well.

• holeshot426

Posted October 28, 2003 - 10:14 AM

Math, you might want to wait for White Bros. quiet pipe to come out before you waste your money with FMF. I hear the new WB pipe is going to be quiet but still put out good power. Plus those guys have killer customer service, they look after their customers. My E-series cracked where the mid pipe enters the silencer so I sent it back. They completely remanufactured my old pipe with redesigned pieces and even repacked it for me. Works for me....

• Math

Posted October 28, 2003 - 11:48 AM

I still have no answers from FMF. They just lost me forever, sorry, I have no time to play with kids like them.
I hate compagnies that shows no consideration for their client or potential client.

When will that WB pipe come out? Until now, the competition has really been quiet! :) :D

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted October 28, 2003 - 12:13 PM

I still have no answers from FMF. They just lost me forever, sorry, I have no time to play with kids like them.
I hate compagnies that shows no consideration for their client or potential client.

When will that WB pipe come out? Until now, the competition has really been quiet! :) :D

I was just about to buy the FMF Q pipe too... the competition has not been quiet, they have been too loud!!! :D

• Math

Posted October 28, 2003 - 01:50 PM

the competition has not been quiet, they have been too loud!!!

You know what that means? That means I'm now able to do wordtricks in English ! Wow! What an improvement! Thanks TT! :)

Finally, what is your decision? Will you buy the FMF Q?

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted October 28, 2003 - 02:03 PM

the competition has not been quiet, they have been too loud!!!

You know what that means? That means I'm now able to do wordtricks in English ! Wow! What an improvement! Thanks TT! :)

Finally, what is your decision? Will you buy the FMF Q?

I don't know. I want a pipe that does not shatter windows if I decide to take my bike to the local video store. The looks I get are kind of fun, but I do not like to be too anoying.

I heard someone is coming out with a 94DB pipe (White Bros?)

• beezer

Posted October 28, 2003 - 02:29 PM

A buddy ordered a pipe from FMF and the customer service was so bad that it got to be funny.

I bought an FMF 4 which was loud enough to peel bark off the trees as you went by. He had to have the Q pipe so be bought it direct from FMF as it just came out. It took about 20 phone calls and 10 broken promises to get his pipe. And then when he got it the thing was a huge and sounded funny.

I think the DMV gives better customer service than FMF.

• geo199

Posted October 29, 2003 - 07:05 AM

beezer..beezer..beezer
will you ever stop posting inaccuracies?

first of all it wasn't funny
second the pipe was like an 1 1/2" longer than yours
thirdly it did not sound funny, just quieter than your too loud pipe!
sighhhhhhhhh

• Math

Posted October 29, 2003 - 07:53 AM

want a pipe that does not shatter windows if I decide to take my bike to the local video store. The looks I get are kind of fun, but I do not like to be too anoying.

I feel the same. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.