426 eng?

4 replies to this topic
  • rob1guns

Posted October 22, 2003 - 06:57 AM


can i install a 450 piston in my 426?

how big can i make the eng???


  • blue_beast_wins

Posted October 23, 2003 - 12:56 AM


You can, but it is the same size, the 450 has a longer stroke i beleive.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rob1guns

Posted October 23, 2003 - 09:20 AM



  • Hick

Posted October 23, 2003 - 06:14 PM


You can bore and replate to 97 mm, Wiseco makes a piston that size for your bike. The 2 mm overbore results in 444 ccs. Total cost if you do the labor is probably about $400.

You can also have the crank stroked, but this will be a lot more expensive.


Posted October 23, 2003 - 07:19 PM


I have done the 444 mod, and it works GREAT! Send the cylinder to Millennium Technologies , they handle getting you the piston, do the over bore, and replating....They do nice work, and are very fast. I think they were in Wisconsin? www.mt-llc.com Price was good, service was GREAT!
You can go with stock compression or 13.5 to 1 :)


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.