Clutch Replacement

1 reply to this topic
  • Mxer303

Posted September 09, 2001 - 01:39 PM

I was checking out my clutch yesterday to see if there was any problems, and I found the big nut holding on the clutch loose, and a big chunk gone out of the inner basket. The steel plates were discolored like they have been very hot, but look ok and are not warped. Will I need to replace these along with the clutch plates? I'm putting a Vortex basket in while I have it apart, just to be safe. I'm not sure how long the piece was gone from the inner hub, but there are grooves in some of the fiber plates from the pieces I suppose. Anyone know what causes the center nut to loosen?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • holeshot

Posted September 09, 2001 - 07:53 PM

I've just replaced the inner hub on my '00 426. The nut wasn't loose, but the splined steel sleeve at he center of the inner hub had a lot of slop and it finally let go (no drive). I replaced it with a Hinson inner hub.

Holeshot's Page

[This message has been edited by holeshot (edited September 09, 2001).]

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.