Do any other manufactor's wheels fit the WR?

3 replies to this topic
  • freeriders98

Posted May 08, 2012 - 01:45 PM

I have a 99 WR400. I am hoping to get a sumo set up for it. Was wondering if any other bike manufactures wheels fit our bikes? Just curious as I am going to buy used was wondering if I might be able to expand my search options on what would fit.

Thanks

• MANIAC998

Posted May 09, 2012 - 04:09 AM

Excellent question! Have you posted this over in the SuperMoto section? You might be able to get more info from those guys. Did you try a search as well?
Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freeriders98

Posted May 09, 2012 - 10:31 AM

I had not asked over on supermotojunkie, but I just did. I was going to there but thought more people might know over here. I have searched a fair amount on WR wheels and have not found anything. But more of my focus was on what WR years will fit on what. I'll keep diggin, and if anyone post stuff on SMJ i'll carry it over to here as well.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 09, 2012 - 10:41 AM

I think its possible that the yamaha front and the kawasaki fronts are the same. At least it is on the later models. I heard this directly from a guy who used to trade tires with his brother. He was on a yz250 and his brother was on a kx450

I have not tried this personally

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.