98/99 wr or modified 2000 YZ

3 replies to this topic

Posted April 19, 2001 - 06:51 PM

Hey guys, a friend of mine is buying his first bike (used) and wanted some input.
First off keep in mind this is for tight riding (2nd and 3rd gear).
Do you buy a stock WR or a modified YZ?
The YZ would have a flywheel weight, revalved susp., and different gearing.

• Taffy

Posted April 19, 2001 - 09:50 PM

get the wr as he's a novice. he won't regret it. at the end of the day what the hell does he know!

it's got two wheels, gears & it goes.

696, are you trying to earn the record for basic questions?

remember it's a thin line between being challenged mentally & being mentally ...

Taffy

[This message has been edited by Taffy (edited 04-20-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jemtec

Posted April 19, 2001 - 10:08 PM

I agree with Taffy. Go with the Wr. And so far 696, you have asked alot of basic questions. Not that its a bad thing..But it is interesting. :)
Ride hard.. Be Safe.

• jamie_mckown

Posted April 19, 2001 - 10:12 PM

Taffy,
That wasn't 696, my access was screwed and had to use his. I have a YZ set up as described and the bike is fantastic. But I haven't had any time on the WR. I really wanted input from someone who has ridden both. The woods around here don't really open up a lot, so the close ratio tranny is nice. The bike is for a brother-in-law. We are going to look at two bikes a WR and YZ. One is coming home.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.