One of our Comrades

10 replies to this topic
  • MX_Tuner

Posted September 09, 2001 - 12:23 PM

Yesterday (Saturday) GA426Owner went to Copperhead MX to race. This was his first chance to ride his bike since I revalved the forks. He came by Friday night and I asked him to call me when he got home yesterday to let me know how the forks worked. I didn't hear from him so I called him about 8:30 or so. No answer on his home phone so I called his cellphone. His sister answered. Very poor connection- I could only hear some of what she was saying. Something about him not even making it through practice. First thing I think of is a big crash. Then she said something about his heart. Then we lost the connection. UGH!!!!

I called today around noon and he is in the intensive care unit. The rooms don't have phones but the waiting room down the hall does. I called and his dad answered the phone. Apparently, during practice he started having chest pains. Eric (guy who was there with Dave) sees him on the side of the track and asks if he was okay. Dave said no and they went to the ambulance. After a short check over, they rushed him to the local hospital. His dad said they helicoptered him to an Atlanta hospital where they are much better equipped.

I'm still a bit unclear of all the facts but I think Dave had a major artery blockage and had an angioplasty(?) performed. He may get moved out of the ICU tomorrow and will probably be there for about a week. Hopefully, he dodged a bullet.

I hope I'm not outof line posting this info without his permission but I know he has a lot of acquaintences here who would like to know. I'll post an update as soon as I get some better info.

MX Tuner

• Bill

Posted September 09, 2001 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for the info.

My thoughts and prayers will be with Bill in his recovery.

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• sirthumpalot

Posted September 09, 2001 - 05:12 PM

I wish he and his family all the best. Some of my relatives have had that procedure done and in their case it went fine, hopefully the same will happen with GA426Owner. Maybe he'll log in and let us know how he's doing when he gets some strength back. If we can pull anything good out of this I suppose that it will be that this happend when he was around friends and so close to help. :)

• G-Man

Posted September 09, 2001 - 06:14 PM

Hope he gets better soon, and back on two wheels.

Moto to Live
Live to Moto

• Boit

Posted September 09, 2001 - 08:07 PM

He's a good guy. My hopes and prayers are with him and his family.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toms

Posted September 09, 2001 - 08:23 PM

Same thing happened to my friends Dad. After a week in the hospital, we decided to drop in and raise his spirits. We snuck into the supply room, and dressed up in hospital 'greens' masks, gloves, and then stole some clipboards. We looked pretty authentic Doctors (except for the guitars, and wigs).

We showed up in his room, and then proceeded to go through a whole Monty Python routine that we did in school together. The whole room enjoyed the show. (I think sick people will laugh at pretty much anything).

Hospitals are boring. If you've ever spent anytime in one, you'll know what I mean.

2000 DRZ

• *mike68*

Posted September 10, 2001 - 02:28 AM

I would love to send a card, anyway to get an address?

• forloop

Posted September 10, 2001 - 05:03 AM

Tell him to get well soon!

Thinking about it. If it was going to happen, he pick the best place for it. Having emergency personel right there can make all the difference.

01 YZ426F #85 Vet C

• SSchulz

Posted September 10, 2001 - 09:05 PM

Good luck to GA426Owner and a speedy recovery. You will be in our prayers.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 12, 2001 - 02:56 PM

Everyone, thanks for your support! I am home tonight. I thought I was dying at times, but God was not ready for my kind to join his party yet! My luck has been down this summer with a divorce & heart attack, but I am alive and a survivor. My ordeal is so small to yesterdays 911 day for this country. I truley hope that if any good can come out of yesterdays deal is a rejuvenation of US spirit & togetherness! My life is forever changed & I will be a better person for it. I can still do the things that I enjoy most SEX & Motocycling, although not necessarilly in that order. Thanks for all of your thoughts & support. Mark/MXTuner -- you are truley a great friend, thanks.

• Boit

Posted September 12, 2001 - 08:16 PM

You made me smile. I needed that.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.