spartk arrestor?

3 replies to this topic
  • yzf_virgin

Posted September 09, 2001 - 10:17 AM

First a stupid question. How do I now if my muffler has a spark arrestor? Secondly, I don't believe it does so I'll need to buy one to compete in our local hare scrables series. Does anyone have one for sale that I could get immediately. Or can someone recommend a new one. I'm using an FMF Power Core IV and am very happy with it. I was thinking of and E Series, or a Power Core w/ spark arrestor but I am open to suggestions. Thanx!

• BikeDestroyer

Posted September 09, 2001 - 01:27 PM

yzf,

you can buy just a spark arrestor end cap from FMF for $30 . If your end cap doesn't have a screen in it then it isn't a S/A.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mr_Toyz

Posted September 10, 2001 - 06:07 AM

You can fit a spark screen in a 400/426 silencer. I've done it.

If you're interested in help let me know.

Mr T

• dirtbikebd

Posted September 10, 2001 - 06:24 AM

You can tell by the fact there is a screen at the end. I have the FMF power core IV /w spark arrestor. I like it.

Just one thing, don't get it from Chapparal online. I did. and it didn't come with a spark arrestor when that is what the description says, Then they argued with me. I knew i was right, I called FMF directly and they agreed with me. So I called back with some fuel. They still were being STUPID. I even made them give me back my shipping fees, which was like pulling teeth, it was only like $5, but it became the principal.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.