Old school TT250

6 replies to this topic
  • xracer390

Posted May 06, 2012 - 05:50 PM

Way back, 1980 ? a friend had the badest thumper on the block. It was a modified TT250 and everyone wanted it. Ran into the guy at the bar last night and he said I could have it. Said it needs head work and he cant find the pipe. Can someone point me in the right direction for parts? Thanks, Bryan

• 500XC

Posted May 10, 2012 - 04:47 PM

Speed and Sport Yamaha should have all the OEM parts you need. There's not many aftermarket suppliers for TT250 parts beyond cams however... You might find some old White Bros. stuff or Roost Factory.

• motoxvet

Posted May 10, 2012 - 05:10 PM

Also, keep an eye on CL and EBAY. That pipe, IF it's still available, could be a spendy item!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fast frank

Posted May 11, 2012 - 09:08 PM

did you know that the warrior top end will fit on the tt250 bolt spacing is the same several have done this or had it done. It is not without challenges but once done there is more parts available as the warrior has alot more support from the after market and is still being made

• xracer390

Posted May 12, 2012 - 10:55 AM

did you know that the warrior top end will fit on the tt250 bolt spacing is the same several have done this or had it done. It is not without challenges but once done there is more parts available as the warrior has alot more support from the after market and is still being made

Any other info or links ? Thanks

• fast frank

Posted May 12, 2012 - 03:50 PM

I had powroll do mine they put a bw350 barrel and head on my tt250 and then bored and stroked it out to 430cc with their warrior kits , mine was a kind of one off, the bw barrel is taller than the warrior
I dont think they are doing any one off projects anymore, but if you search duggyt on thumpertalk ( I hope his project did not get deleted) he did a warrior conversion on a tt he put in a yz chassis, that looked really good his right up was good also

• Downey26

Posted August 24, 2012 - 08:44 AM

Frank
can you tell me more about this?
are you saying that I can take 350 warrior top end and bolt it to the tt250 bottom end, change the piston, and be off to the races?
I only ask, because I have a 1980 TT250 that I want to flat track race in the small vintage class.
the class is 0-400cc so all the honda 350's and suzuki 400's are really cleaning house.
I was going to do the same thing as DuggyT, but I don't have access to a machine shop, so if I can just get the 350 top end off of ebay and put it together myself, that would make things a lot easier.

Thanks
Nick

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.