2011 YZ450F Error Code Help

3 replies to this topic
  • RMBillings

Posted May 06, 2012 - 12:16 PM

I have a 2011 YZ450F that is really hard to start if not impossible to start. I got it running yesterday but when I check my GYTR scanner it is showing an error code of 22. Can anyone help me find out what that error code means or if there is a list somewhere. I also found that one of my exhaust valve clearances was out of spec and I think those 2 issues are what are causing my hard starting problem. At least I hope.

• AliGee

Posted May 06, 2012 - 01:13 PM

I have a 2011 YZ450F that is really hard to start if not impossible to start. I got it running yesterday but when I check my GYTR scanner it is showing an error code of 22. Can anyone help me find out what that error code means or if there is a list somewhere. I also found that one of my exhaust valve clearances was out of spec and I think those 2 issues are what are causing my hard starting problem. At least I hope.

Well, here are a few trouble-shooting things I'll throw out there...

You're not giving it gas when you start her up are you? With the fuel injection, she won't start if you are. There's kind of a method to starting them up. You need to bring the kickstarter down slowly until you feel resistance, then bring her back up and give a solid kick, but hold it down... Don't let it come right back up. Also, are you following the correct procedure for the GYTR tuner? The tuner must be plugged in but OFF before you start your engine. If it's on before you start your engine you will get an error code. You must also have the tuner plugged in before you start your bike up.

Not sure if that helps any...
If she's new new, I'd bring her back to the shop.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stu2

Posted May 07, 2012 - 10:23 AM

When mine is hot, I kick it and once the kickstarter is almost at the foot peg i open the throttle and it fires up more easy than if I dont give it gas

Edited by Stu2, May 07, 2012 - 10:25 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted May 07, 2012 - 10:48 AM

Fault code #22 is listed in the '10 manual as an incorrect coolant temp sensor signal, but I think it's supposed to be the intake air temp sensor instead. Code 21 is also listed as coolant temp, but the diagnostics in the chart for 22 all talk about the IAT sensor instead.

It's on page 7-21. If you don't have a manual, go here:

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.