Bad clutch basket gear?

4 replies to this topic
  • DesertCR

Posted May 06, 2012 - 11:42 AM

Well it seems that the gear on the back of my clutch basket on my 03 cr250 has alot of play, how much is normal and do they go bad? Mine just seems on the excessive side, should I replace it? Everything feels fine in the clutch, no complaints there but I remember it being a bit sloppy and now that I've got it taken apart Im second guessing the thing. Maybe theres a way to tighten it up?

• DesertCR

Posted May 07, 2012 - 04:09 PM

Anyone have any experience with this? Looking to put it back together but would hate for the thing to explode on me lol.

• harryhandshake

Posted May 07, 2012 - 04:35 PM

im assuming you meen the whole basket and gear wobble alittle on the tranny shaft ? they do wobble alittle and thats normal because theres about .00015- .002 of play. in the honda manual theres a spec for the OD of the trans shaft and a ID spec for that bushing. i didnt see any spec for the ID of the clutch basket gear but maybe i missed it. you could check them with a caliper but i wouldnt worry much. that shit is hardened steel and goes 15 years with almost no measurable wear.

• seanmx57

Posted May 07, 2012 - 05:04 PM

Sounds like the cush rubbers are junk

• DesertCR

Posted May 07, 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thanks for reassuring me lol. This one just seems more to me but Im gonna roll with it, its been good to me so far and the clutch works well in my bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

best looking trail bike. by pain99

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  258 replies
Forums
Photo

Last generation cr250s by hondaman331

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • Hot  181 replies
Forums
Photo

My first bike... 01 Cr80 by dylancr80

• 4 replies
Forums
Photo

How can I determine if a 2002 CR250 motor will fit, with slight mods, into a 1995 CR250 frame? by 5th gear tapped wide

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

1999 CR125R Choke installation? by josephduckworth

• 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.