Basic Questions? Self destruct?

22 replies to this topic
  • allterra

Posted May 09, 2012 - 02:54 AM

Got to talking to a rocket science buddy, no I'm not joking a real rocket scientist and he was telling me the difference between zinc anti seeze (it's for parts that don't get disassembled often) and copper anti seeze it's for stuff that comes apart more often. Never knew... Now another potion to add to my chem shelf!

I never knew that. I always liked the silver coloring (zinc?) it makes me look less like a slob cause it blends in w/ the metal and tends to be less expensive. Besides once I fix it I never know how long it will be till I take it apart again (1hr to never on average) :banghead: lol

Edited by allterra, May 09, 2012 - 02:55 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawi380

Posted May 09, 2012 - 05:24 AM

I put anti-seize on the shaft of any bolt that sees water (never on the threads :thumbsup: ) and I only use loctite on the sproket bolts. I monkey with my bikes a lot and am anal about checking fasteners prior to riding. I used to race kx500's and they vibrate more than any bike so I had to learn. It stuck with me. :banghead:

• Rocky739

Posted May 09, 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hmph!!! What the heck does he know?! He's probably not even a dirtbiker!!!! (thanks for the info!) Maniac

Well he is a mountain biker if that helps.. I have always mixed grease and anti-seeze for my axels trying to make tire changes less painful..
Also reminds me of good times buying multiple tubes of K-Y jelly with other dudes in small town drug stores for changing bib mooses and ISDE qualifers back in the day, I'm sure some of the clerks still go to counceling...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.