Another One Bites The Dust

3 replies to this topic
  • gearom

Posted October 21, 2003 - 04:04 PM

Sheared my woodruff key and cracked my case, and my dealer has not heard of any of the fixes. I tell them everything I know about the issue and even take the tech bulletin and all of the forum info. The service folks act like they got me free warranty (the cracked case). I tell them about the bad idler gear and they say until it breaks again they will not replace it or anything else. I blame the dealer for not do the footwork once they know about the issue. Its like, since I not a mechanic, Yamaha Certified, that I could never tell them something they do not know.

• mike73

Posted October 21, 2003 - 09:18 PM

What's wrong with me? I smirk every time I see one of these posts. I'm really a nice guy, but in some sick way it gives me pleasure (shame on me!)..........I'm not the only one (as the dealers would have me believe). Mine has been in the shop since last wednesday. I've been such a pain in the a!!, they won't return my calls. Hopefully my 04 will be in soon.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mike73

Posted October 21, 2003 - 09:22 PM

ps.
your earlier post stated that you were taking out the starter gears.....i gues that was a bomb.

• gearom

Posted October 22, 2003 - 02:32 AM

ps.
your earlier post stated that you were taking out the starter gears.....i gues that was a bomb.

I am as soon as I get it home. What I'm saying is the dealer will not give me the new idle gear for free and does not believe that anything else is wrong unless I bring it back broken. I'm pulling the idle gear before I even start it, but it would have been better to have it replaced by the dealer before it twisted the flywheel off the rotor.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.