starting 2007 yz250f

2 replies to this topic
  • jake444

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

my bike has had problems starting hot but it will start on the first kick cold when it is hot i will have to wait for it to cool down before it will start any tips?

Edited by jake444, 04 May 2012 - 03:59 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Swede73

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Have you made any adjustments to your idle mixture screw? I would start there. Williams1 has a good write up on the proper technique for idle mixture screw adjustment.

Hard to start cold but easy start warm is usually tight valves

Hard to start hot but easy start cold is usually jetting or idle mixture.

Are you using the hot start lever, hand off the throttle?

• jake444

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

ya i keep the hot start pulled and dont give it throttle it just started to happen to my bike yesterday and before it ran perfectly. the only thing i have changed is the oil and the air filter.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.