Kahuku Hawaii

16 replies to this topic
  • Bedunjgi

Posted May 04, 2012 - 03:04 PM

From Lasy Sunday; This bike was clean 5 minutes ago. My father used to say that weather reporting was the only job that you could be wrong all the time & still keep your job.
Posted Image

Edited by Bedunjgi, May 07, 2012 - 06:57 PM.

• Bedunjgi

Posted May 04, 2012 - 03:05 PM

Can I post photos from flickr?

• etofun

Posted May 05, 2012 - 01:12 AM

nice, gotta love hawaii :banghead:

witch island you on?

• Bedunjgi

Posted May 06, 2012 - 11:21 AM

nice, gotta love hawaii :banghead:

witch island you on?

Oahu

• etofun

Posted May 06, 2012 - 01:11 PM

nice, im on the big one myself

• fredsnow

Posted May 06, 2012 - 02:01 PM

nice, im on the big one myself

I was on the Big Island, but I had to move back to California so I could make some real money. I'd still be there if I could afford it.
shameless self picture time
Posted Image
even went snowboarding while I was there!
Posted Image

• Bedunjgi

Posted May 07, 2012 - 03:58 PM

Nice photos! How did the bike run up there? I have had to remove the gas cap on rental cars driven up there to equalize the pressure.

• fredsnow

Posted May 07, 2012 - 06:24 PM

Nice photos! How did the bike run up there? I have had to remove the gas cap on rental cars driven up there to equalize the pressure.

Bike did pretty good most of the way up. Once I made it to the top, it didn't want to run. I think I actually coasted down just a short way, then bump started it back to life when I left.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sloc88

Posted May 07, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Nice pics. I live in Maui now, but grew up on the Big Island. BI is a great place for a DRZ

• etofun

Posted May 07, 2012 - 11:55 PM

i gotta agree, i took my bike up the mountain too, felt like a little 50cc trail bike all the way up. Posted Image

• Bedunjgi

Posted May 21, 2012 - 07:48 PM

i gotta agree, i took my bike up the mountain too, felt like a little 50cc trail bike all the way up. Posted Image

Cool shot! What is that pink stuff you are standing in? :cry:

• etofun

Posted May 21, 2012 - 07:56 PM

Cool shot! What is that pink stuff you are standing in? :cry:

snow, iphones arent the best cameras

• OldWeb3

Posted May 22, 2012 - 05:06 AM

Kahuku is a great place to ride :cry: The other riders are great there too, just like one big family. I was stationed at Schofield for 3 years and I had a great time riding there. You will get lots of practice riding in the rain there :cry:

• fttam

Posted May 22, 2012 - 07:53 AM

I'll be in Hawaii for a couple of weeks next month......I would love to be out riding there! Lucky bastard you are!

• Bedunjgi

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:36 AM

Yea, I have been here since 1990 but only started riding off road here seriously in 06. Kahuku is the only legal riding area for unplated bikes but we always venture out of the parks perimeter. If you have a plated bike as I do, one good legal ride is to get a permit to access the satellite tracking station access road above Yokohama beach & ride the four wheel drive access road to Peacock flats. There are plenty of knarly singletrack trails that come off that road. There are plenty of other illegal areas to ride that I have explored from time to time but I need to hook up with some people who know those areas better. There is a "Price of paradise" here & it has gotten much more crowded & the pace of life has increased since I moved here.

• Bedunjgi

Posted May 24, 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'll be in Hawaii for a couple of weeks next month......I would love to be out riding there! Lucky bastard you are!

I grew up in New York

• fttam

Posted May 24, 2012 - 11:31 AM

I grew up in New York

Which place would you pick?

I'll let ya know my favorite when I get back...but I think I already have an idea!

Related Content

Wiki
Lighten up your DR-Z400S - last post by motoinmoab

Lighten up your DR-Z400S

Wiki Articles
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

FCR 39mm Carb from TT store - Question by Chubs604

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  58 replies
Wiki
Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension - last post by bmwpowere36m3

Compression & rebound DRZ400 suspension

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Nevada

MY BIKE WAS STOLEN LAST NIGHT…. 9/1-2/2014 Las Vegas. by ARMRD X

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Southwest
  • 12 replies
Forums
Photo

Brand new 2014 DRZ 400SM by jprince911

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  65 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.