WR450 as a runaround?

2 replies to this topic

Posted May 04, 2012 - 11:43 AM

Good day, I have two questions.

1. For a WR450 2010 model how do I confirm the model by looking at the VIN number? Should the 4th number be a zero?

2. I live on a smallholding and want to use the bike as a runaround. There will be a lot of stopping and starting throughout the day, riding very short distances. On the odd occasion Ill take it for a long enduro ride on the weekend. Will this type of riding damage the bike?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted May 05, 2012 - 03:43 AM

The starting and stopping won't wear the WR out. Extended distances on the highway might tend to shorten the life though. As for the VIN #, I don't know the answer to that. There should be a Model label on the subframe, under the seat though. Hope this helps.

• CaocaoWR

Posted May 06, 2012 - 06:38 AM

Try to look on google, there are some website which you can type in your VIN #, last time I did successfully find that my WR was manufactured in 07, and for US market eventhough the label under the seat was missing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.