Which is better?

6 replies to this topic
  • Nevada426

Posted September 08, 2001 - 08:23 AM

I am considering getting some carbon fiber frame guards and was wondering which is better, GYTR or DSP?

2000 YZ426F
2001 CR500R

• buffaman

Posted September 09, 2001 - 02:55 PM

I have the DSP and they fit good...no complaints so far...

• JBM

Posted September 10, 2001 - 06:03 AM

I don't have any experience with them but another choice would be from www.carbonfiberworks.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chiledog!

Posted September 11, 2001 - 03:29 PM

I bought the Acerbics plastic ones and I can tell you first hand they are not all that good. the left side fits good and is ok but the right side is junk, that's Junk! it rotates out and catches my boot all of the time. I got them because they were cheap. I guess that goes to show you get what you pay for. They look cool on my bike though. :)

Hope this helps

• motoman393

Posted September 11, 2001 - 04:10 PM

I have some Devol aluminum frame guards that always used to look bad after a few rides, due to the aluminum (always needed polishing)! So I took some roll on bedliner and coated my frame guards with it. It looks really good and grips up awesome!

I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• Boit

Posted September 11, 2001 - 07:49 PM

The DSP's I installed on my bike have been very disappointing. I rubbed a hole through the right one in less than a month.

• Nevada426

Posted September 13, 2001 - 04:59 PM

My GYT-R carbon fiber's came in today. They look really trick, have not mounted them yet though. I hope I don't rub through them, they cost a grip ($100). I know against my better judgement I bought the carbon's, they just look too cool.

2000 YZ426F
2001 CR500R

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.