Open hole in my motor!

4 replies to this topic
  • b_rippin

Posted October 21, 2003 - 10:48 AM

The plug where the hot start lever was in previous versions is gone! :) Has anyone run in to this? I orderd a replacement but am wondering how reliable the fix will be.

Posted October 21, 2003 - 07:24 PM

Just make sure the breather hose is clear, and the plug should stay in.....if the little clamps that hold the hose in place get smashed in it creates just enough pressure to pop the plug out!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • b_rippin

Posted October 22, 2003 - 10:33 AM

Haven't had a chance to look yet, but I'm assuming the hose coming out of the top of the motor and running down the front frame?

Excellent Idea!

Thanks JD

• dooweb2

Posted October 26, 2003 - 03:25 PM

use a lil black RTV on the rim of the plug , push it in and then safety wire it from the hole next to plug across plug to bolt on the side of head next to plug.

• motobark

Posted November 01, 2003 - 09:54 PM

Look here...

Forum thread

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.