Motocross

The Dowds

8 replies to this topic
  • HAV

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:16 AM

I saw Dowd and his son Ryan on a vid the other day and was wondering if JD or Ryan are racing outdoors this Summer?? just wondering...

• MTO

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:30 AM

JYD did a one or two races last year, just to keep his number. Going full season at his age would be suicide. If Ryan's fast enough, that would be cool. A second generation Junk Yard Dog! :banghead:

• wes513v

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:49 AM

JYD did a one or two races last year, just to keep his number. Going full season at his age would be suicide. If Ryan's fast enough, that would be cool. A second generation Junk Yard Dog! :banghead:

Isn't he still racing up in Canada? I thought I saw some video of that, and of a new Husky with his name posted on TT a while back.

• MTO

Posted May 03, 2012 - 09:19 AM

Oh maybe he is, I don't know.

• Jrc579

Posted May 03, 2012 - 06:37 PM

Dowd will ride southwick, and maybe one or two other rounds just to get himself back up to pace before rd9, like last year. I hope Ryan rides this year, not sure if he has a pro liscense? I got lapped by Ryan during a local race at the 'wick last year and he was absolutely on rails, I got a front row seat as it took him mere seconds to leave me way back in his dust. Other then doing good at southwick like his dad, I expect him to do good everywhere else on the circuit. I'd like to see him on Factory Connection Honda someday (hey Eli and Barcia are in the 450s next year so why not '13 :banghead: ), they're in NH so they support the New England pros (Jimmy D - MA, Bam Bam - NY)

• 2smoker4life

Posted May 06, 2012 - 07:02 AM

John will prolly ride southwick like everone has said and no hes not doing canada races anymore. And Ryan dowd is still in the b class so i dont think he will be at any national untill atleast next year. And as of right now hes deff not fast enough to be picked up by a big team like FC, but hes got alot faster the last 2 years so who knows.

Edited by 2smoker4life, May 06, 2012 - 07:05 AM.

• 36MotoMarc

Posted May 07, 2012 - 12:33 PM

I got lapped by Ryan during a local race at the 'wick last year and he was absolutely on rails, I got a front row seat as it took him mere seconds to leave me way back in his dust.

Was he on a Husky??

I wonder what bike Dowd will race Nationals on this year...Probably a Kawi. I don't think the Husky is eligible....or competitive in Pro MX.

• motowrecker121

Posted May 07, 2012 - 01:24 PM

I thought he was riding a husky from chaplin

• Jrc579

Posted May 08, 2012 - 08:43 AM

Was he on a Husky??

I wonder what bike Dowd will race Nationals on this year...Probably a Kawi. I don't think the Husky is eligible....or competitive in Pro MX.

Pretty sure it was a Kawi didnt take much notice to the sand blasted rear fender just the DOWD on the back of his chest protector, remember I said LAST YEAR, not this year, so he was super fast then, and probably faster now, on or off a Husky. I hope John rides a husky in the Nat's maybe some Husky teams will pop up, they have a shit load of contingency so I expect to see a lot more huskys in the Lites in the coming years just like KTM stepped up they're payouts this year and we saw that in the AMA Supercross East Coast Championship.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.