has anyone ridden an FX mountain moto?

5 replies to this topic
  • spiraling

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

I saw this
http://www.fxbikes.com

I'm female and I found that pretty much all the dirt bikes are either child-sized or really big and heavy. This looks like a nice compromise for the trails. Has anyone ridden one? Supposedly there are demos in CA.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kan3

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

What is your height

• hihank

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

I saw their wieb site and am interested too - have a BBR230 but it is just too small - I am 6'1 so the FX's may be too - but this
could be the bike the sub weight XR200 guys have been wishing for - and they have a hybrid - but all on "reservations" for now tho
www.fxbikes.com

• spiraling

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

What is your height

I'm fairly averaged size - 5'6" 140lbs 31"inseam
My ttr125 was fun but too small (same with the honda 150r)
Any of the ktms are really high. I'm an intermediate trail rider and like be able to put a foot down.
I currently have a lowered wr250. Both it and the 230's weigh 250+ lbs and are difficult to catch as I fall and to pick up again. I would love a sub 200lb trail bike. I've also looked at getting a trials bike with a seat. And the new freeride 350 looks intriguing but its not in the states yet.

the fx moto looks a lot like my old maountain bike - you know - the one I used to ride all the time that now only hangs on the wall since I got a dirty :banghead: I think it would be more manuverable for me, and might have enough power since I'm on the lighter side. That's why I want to know if anyone other than on the website has actually tried one.

• Dirtymutt9

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

OMG those things look like way too much fun!

• kan3

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

A trials bike or a dropped 144/150 may be your best bet. You can get about 2.5-3" off the bike between lowering the suspension and shaving the seat down, maybe more. The freeride looks interesting but it's wet weight is still around 230lbs. At that weight you may as well buy a 250 2t and lower it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.