Thinking of buying a Chinese atv? Read this first

4 replies to this topic
  • thejunkman

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

[color="#666666"]If your thinking of buying a Chinese made atv or motorcycle (pit bike) read this first. [/color]

[color="#666666"]Chinese branded atvs are increasingly becoming a legitimate part of the power sports market now, are they right for you?[/color]

http://teammgr.weebl...tv-for-you.html

I wrote this some time ago. For the now defunct ATV Magazine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bonestock07

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

My kids have a Kandi 110cc off road go kart. Its been very reliable so far. However, it requires constant nut & bolt checks. The turn signals broke off the first week. The headlights burnout the first DAY and it looks much older than it is even though its garage kept. I think we are setting on 20hrs (installed a WC hr meter the day we bought it). Other than that, its been great. Starts and runs great. Of course I pulled the carb and cleaned it the day we brought it home. Oh yeah, parking brake was useless so I removed it.
I'd buy another one.

Just keep in mind, these are NOT big 4 quality. But good enough for a few years of fun. And I do mean a FEW, :banghead:

• gruberyz

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yeah I'll buy a chinese motorized vehicle when they learn how to make rotating bearing assemblys that don't come apart. Oh wait no I won't

• MrBlahh

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

they are all over the place, if your kids race atv's they are probably not on one from the big 4

• JALnSC

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

They are good starter bikes. A good thing to "stick your foot in the water" for kids.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.