FCR MX throttle cables on XR650L

5 replies to this topic
  • wigner3j

Posted April 30, 2012 - 05:45 AM

I have recently purchased a used 40mm FCR MX on ebay to install on a 2002 xr650l. It installs fine using a NOSS airboot adapter and despite the questionable condition that the carb came in, after a bit of cleaning up, rejetting, and replacing seals I believe it will work well. The push-pull throttle cables also install easily, but the barrel adjusters are at the end of their range. I am wondering what experiences others have with using the stock xr650l cables. Are they slightly too long for this application, or maybe mine have just stretched from 11k+ miles of use?

• ThumpNRed

Posted April 30, 2012 - 10:19 AM

Xrl cables work fine. I am using my stock cables with my FCR.

• wigner3j

Posted April 30, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Maybe some new cables will fit a little better, I'll give that a try when I get the chance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumpNRed

Posted May 01, 2012 - 08:20 AM

You have adjustment available at both ends of the cable. On the carb and at the bars. Have you adjusted the cable at the carb?

• D0T-C0M

Posted May 01, 2012 - 09:35 AM

I just use the pull cable on mine but its at the end of its adjustment like yours.

• wigner3j

Posted May 07, 2012 - 04:01 AM

Great! Thanks for the answers, I had no idea that there were a second set of adjusters at the bar end of the cables.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Adventure Mods XR650R -02 by petermonsler

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Questions for XR650R rebuild by TJEP

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

FMF Powerbomb vs HiFlo Headers by jevon.pearse

• 23 replies
Forums
Photo

Is this rod shot? 87 xr600r refresh by goneballistic

• Hot  136 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L owner here. by chrisross

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  31 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.