What is the best sport atv?

23 replies to this topic
  • reese13

Posted April 30, 2012 - 05:21 AM

I want a atv with gears or auto doesn't mater. I ride in fairly wide trails sand pits jumps a little track hard back trails. But what is the best sport atv that will wheelie and isn't very much maitance but is power full not concerned about price!

• Jhawins

Posted April 30, 2012 - 02:39 PM

I want a atv with gears or auto doesn't mater. I ride in fairly wide trails sand pits jumps a little track hard back trails. But what is the best sport atv that will wheelie and isn't very much maitance but is power full not concerned about price!

Weight/height? This isn't just a straightforward simple question.. So there isn't a straightforward answer. It's personal preference. What size atv are you thinking? We need a lot more info haha.

• reese13

Posted May 01, 2012 - 08:01 AM

235lbs 6 1. Any sport atv want to be able to jump it and easy maitance!

• Jhawins

Posted May 01, 2012 - 05:17 PM

235lbs 6 1. Any sport atv want to be able to jump it and easy maitance!

If it doesn't really matter just go to the dealer and pick one haha. Yfz450 is a beast!!! Raptor 660s. 450r. They're all good. Go old school and get a 2 stroke banshee and they're pretty great too!! All have pros and cons and none are the best.

If you go for a raptor Dont get an 01, terrible transmission...

Edited by Jhawins, May 01, 2012 - 05:18 PM.

• climbtothebeet

Posted May 01, 2012 - 06:09 PM

the lowest maintenance sport quads are the 400s. 400ex, ltz, etc.

• reese13

Posted May 02, 2012 - 03:04 AM

I was thinking a 525 xc ktm or a raptor 700se

• reese13

Posted May 03, 2012 - 11:27 AM

Can u jump a renagade 800 xxc

• dfesmire99

Posted May 03, 2012 - 11:48 AM

Get a Honda TRX450R....great quad for sure! I've owned 4 of them.

• reese13

Posted May 03, 2012 - 06:46 PM

I already have a 4x4 shoul I keep it and get the raptor or get rid of it and get the renagade 800xxc? Cab I jump it and good in the whoops?

• banzi01

Posted May 03, 2012 - 06:46 PM

If you are more into trails and such go for the raptor 700. Lots of power, extremely reliable, and a more comfortable ride. If you want more of a race quad and you plan on doing MX and such 450 for sure. Jumping and whoops shouldnt be used in the same sentence as a renegade 800 lol

Edited by banzi01, May 03, 2012 - 06:47 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • reese13

Posted May 04, 2012 - 03:02 AM

Lol fare enough. But the raptor will wheelie and can hit jumps correct? What sort of maitance does it require?

• Jhawins

Posted May 04, 2012 - 09:21 AM

Lol fare enough. But the raptor will wheelie and can hit jumps correct? What sort of maitance does it require?

Wheelies and jumps take rider skill. You can't get a quad that will just do it. But yes if you know what your doing a raptor will do great jumping. Wheelies? What the hell kind of questions that? Have you seen a rapport 700?!?! It's a beast!! I've only ridden the 660's and they're amazing. Yes, yes it will wheelie. Haha

• sigops

Posted May 04, 2012 - 09:39 AM

I'm a dirt bike kind of guy however I would like to get a ATV. Something with speed, I don't know much about them. Is 250 too small? I don't want to spend much on my first one. Just looking for something to ride around in pits. Two wheels drive is all I need. Suggestion?

• Jhawins

Posted May 04, 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm a dirt bike kind of guy however I would like to get a ATV. Something with speed, I don't know much about them. Is 250 too small? I don't want to spend much on my first one. Just looking for something to ride around in pits. Two wheels drive is all I need. Suggestion?

IF your just starting out a 2000-2004-5 Ish trx250ex is a pretty good quad. Light and easy wheelies. They have a pretty stiff suspension but I jumped mine plenty when I was 15-16 and it worked fine. They're bulletproof. They are the definition of durability, I rolled that thing countless times, flipped it forward and backwards and got it stuck entirely under water. Still ran fine when. Sold it this last winter. The only time anything ever actually broke in all the abuse I gave it was when my brother screwed up a jump and hit a pole which just broke the plastic.... Oh and his arm completely in half. But anyway it was like a rock, no problems ever and pretty fun for awhile, you will outgrow your starter quad eventually, that's the way it works. So don't expect to keep it forever. They come pretty cheap, maybe 1500 for a mint 2003 around here. I sold my cracked plastic 04 for 1100. Good luck!! That's my opinion

• reese13

Posted May 05, 2012 - 05:54 AM

Wheelies and jumps take rider skill. You can't get a quad that will just do it. But yes if you know what your doing a raptor will do great jumping. Wheelies? What the hell kind of questions that? Have you seen a rapport 700?!?! It's a beast!! I've only ridden the 660's and they're amazing. Yes, yes it will wheelie. Haha

What is the maitance on them? And are they a pig in fuel or oil

• Jhawins

Posted May 05, 2012 - 08:29 AM

What is the maitance on them? And are they a pig in fuel or oil

I've never owned one... If its a pig in oil something's wrong, a good running machine doesnt just pig out on oil. As far as fuel I have no idea... Google might help.

• adrian458632

Posted July 19, 2012 - 02:06 PM

the yamaha banshee has to be the coolest quad ever made(in my opinion) and the trx/ltz are great atvs all round and would probably suit you best as there both quite reliable (honda for sure) and are reasonably well rounded and can preform well enough in most situations

• DirtRider500R

Posted July 19, 2012 - 06:37 PM

Get a Quazilla 500 (LT500.) Will kill EVERYTHING (yes, even raptors) and they are easy to work on. Wheelie on command, many mods, last long on rebuilds, stoopid fast, etc.

• kenston58

Posted July 31, 2012 - 03:34 PM

Try a Yamaha blaster. They're cheap and fun. I've only ridden one once but it was super fun and fast. And the newer ones look really nice

• motoaddic

Posted August 02, 2012 - 11:01 AM

its all about price. You could get a used 07ish renegade 800 and have 4x4 on demand with visco lock, will hit 70mph like a 300 horse jetski, takes a few seconds... you'd still have enough money leftover to buy a used 2006ish honda 450 mx quad for the price of a 450 quad new. As far as just pit riding you want fully automatic cvt and electric start lol....its about the money on hand

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.