DR-Z 125L 2003 cuts out when warm

4 replies to this topic
  • griff37

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

My wifes DRZ125L cuts out when warm. But will start straight again 1st kick. It is as though someone just pushes the kill switch. I originally thought it had something to do with the slow speed my wife rides it. But i rode it the other day pretty hard and after about 5 mins, it just cut out. it normally happens every 5 mins or so, any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Daniel

• Dr.Z250

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

I am no expert but it sounds like your valve adjustment may be off. If you take apart the engine check the valves to be sure.

• TWOWHEELTOM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

And possibly check your coil....coils fail when hot....so its possible the coil is cutting out at running temps....just a thought

• 563ripper

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

hey this might sound like it cant happen but your gas cap might be bad. next time it just shuts off take the cap off and if your hear a noise like its sucking in air then you need to replace the cap. same thing happened to me. i thought the bike was blown up or something. but i went and checked for gas and i heard that so i threw on another cap from my dads bike and its never done it again.

• TWOWHEELTOM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Good point 03drz.....usually that mmeans the vent is plugged. Great idea!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.