Where can I find a used 2005 WR450 bottom end?

1 reply to this topic
  • clamp007

Posted April 29, 2012 - 05:34 PM

Not familiar with these forums too much, but I'm looking for a god used bottom end for my bike.

• zibbit u2

Posted April 29, 2012 - 07:36 PM

did you break a case? or seize a crank? If you broke the case, then I'd say search out a new bottom end or cases. But, if you just seized the crank then throw a new crank kit/bearings into the existing bottom end and call it a day. I searched for a long time trying to find a good bottom end for my 04, I ended up settling for a 06 motor with a seized connecting rod which actually had less damage/missing parts than the engine which came with the bike.

Other than that, I'd look on Ebay. Be advised, even with a "pulled from a good running engine" add probably has some sort of damage that is probably hidden. Also, don't believe any claims about "low milage" because as we all know, to reset the odo is a very easy task.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.