Yamaha

YFZ spark

3 replies to this topic
  • 2strokeFTW

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

07 yfz, Ran good then all of the sudden stopped having spark. I have went through all of the connections, cleaned with electrical cleaner, all grounds are good, fuses arnt blown, and still no spark. I have another running yfz I tried swapping the cdi box, rectifier, and coil. Other then that my 05 doesnt have the same connections as the on/off switch or the same resistor. Could it be the resistor, stator, how do i go about testing.
Help is needed asap.

Thanks

• 12bruckd

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

im not sure exactly on procedures but you can use an electrical tester to measure ohms and volts and stuff to see if things are working correctly. try doing a search to look on how to test it.

• 2strokeFTW

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I ended up taking a test light and trying it on 2 of the wires coming from the stator. One of them should have power going through it as I crank it over. Niether had a light nor blinked. Gues its time to start searching for a stator.

• 12bruckd

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

thats what i would assume as well...

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Yamaha

Yfz450 cam mod jetting by Eddie_310

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Sport ATV
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

2010 Yamaha Raptor90 by jdeguzman01

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Youth ATV
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

08 yamaha raptor 700 help need advice! by Justink437

• 6 replies
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

2001 Yamaha Wolverine 350cc engine problems by husky390or

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Utility ATV
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

Using a 525 chain on a Raptor 660? by B-ryden

• 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.