PMB Insert

8 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted October 20, 2003 - 02:13 PM

Does anyone have one that they want to get rid of? If so how much. I am interested.

• GrahamO

Posted October 20, 2003 - 06:14 PM

Don't you have a GYT-R? I'll trade if you don't want it... (I have a PMB)

• ill_caper

Posted October 20, 2003 - 08:42 PM

The gyt-r keeps stripping and falling out. I was hoping the PMB wouldnt? :)

• GrahamO

Posted October 20, 2003 - 09:21 PM

Is the screw stipped or the threads on the insert? If it's the screw, no biggie, get a new one. If it's the threads, biggie. Can it be tapped again?

Either way, PMB has a nice tight fit and I've had no problems with the screw. Tightens down nicely and stays put.

Word on the street is that the GYT-R allows more flow than the PMB, anyone know if there is any truth to that? I've been looking to get rid of the PMB to get a GYT-R.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ill_caper

Posted October 21, 2003 - 06:16 AM

I thought that I read the other way around thats why i was trying to get the PMB. I wonder ehich is true?

• jwriott

Posted October 21, 2003 - 07:20 AM

I had a GYRT and sold it to get the PMB. I measured them both and the overall cross sections are essentially the same and the sound is as well. For me, the PMB seems to work better.

• BigDesto

Posted October 21, 2003 - 09:09 AM

I getting the dubach one and will let ya know how it is when i test it out

• GrahamO

Posted October 21, 2003 - 09:40 AM

I usually ride with the insert un-inserted and sitting on my tool bench. I use it only when I need to. I don't think I'll be satisfied no matter what insert is in there; they all suck horsepower.

What I am really interested in is seeing how the stock pipe with an insert compares to something like the FMF Q.

I guess it really doesn't matter though. I can't afford the dang Q or any of the others. So I'll just stick with my crappy $25, horsepower sucking insert.

• mike73

Posted October 21, 2003 - 09:51 AM

That's a good question. Does anyone know how the FMF q compares with stock pipe + GYT insert?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.