will ims dry break female from a 650 tank fit 450?

7 replies to this topic
  • secretatlas

Posted October 20, 2003 - 01:44 PM

before i call ims, does anyone know if i can take the female off the dry break tank on my 650 and put it in a dry break ready tank for a crf 450?

are the females universal?

please say yes.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted October 21, 2003 - 09:01 PM

I've only seen 2 styles of dry brake - One has a bunch of screws, maybe 12, that screw into nuts in the tank. Regardless of who makes the drybrake they all fit the same.
The other style has 6 bolts that have a plate on the backside (in the tank). This plated kind are pretty rare so I doubt you have that.

• secretatlas

Posted October 22, 2003 - 08:11 AM

mine has 12 screws but it's a mute point now. i'm gonna wait another year for a crf.
thanks for the reply.

• qadsan

Posted October 22, 2003 - 08:21 AM

i'm gonna wait another year for a crf.

I wonder how many of us will get a CRF450X within a year :)

The first thing mine gets is a z-Start :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted October 22, 2003 - 08:57 AM

Will the new crf450x be able to haul hass wide open for miles and miles without losing oil? :)

• secretatlas

Posted October 22, 2003 - 09:14 AM

i think so.
henge and campbell are spending a lot of time racing the crf in socal. they raced it at the 24 hours of glen helen and now henge is almost always on the bike for district 37 stuff. they must be testing engine configs for an offroad version. not sure about 05. fingers crossed.

• qadsan

Posted October 22, 2003 - 10:29 AM

I hope so, but I doubt the CRF450X will be as bullet proof as the XR650R and maintenance will likely be increased.

• Rokatt88

Posted October 22, 2003 - 11:04 AM

There is something to be said for being able to put them away wet! The 650 that is! :)

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.