Gopro mount doesn't match helmet?

11 replies to this topic
  • Justink437

Posted April 26, 2012 - 05:52 PM

So I bought a New helmet and the curvature of the helmet isn't quite as much as the curved mounts? So the mount looks like it's only gonna hit on the edges and not the middle. Has anyone else experienced this and what can I do to make it work or will it still stick?

• TheBrock

Posted April 26, 2012 - 06:01 PM

Would the flat mount work? My gopro mount fits perfect on the top. You can try mounting it on the side. The angle seems pretty good, but you have to be careful if you fall, since you are more prone to landing on your side then the top of your head.

• Justink437

Posted April 26, 2012 - 06:19 PM

No the flat mount only hits the very middle, and i would rather try to figure out if I can mount it on the top rather than the side for the very reason of wrecking and hitting it on the ground. My helmet is a one industries atom by the way if anyone has one and has figured something out.

• LegendLength

Posted April 26, 2012 - 07:45 PM

I've found they don't need 100% of their surface touching. Just 50% is enough IMO.

• maxamillion125

Posted April 26, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Mount it under your visor, its a much better viewpoint anyway.

• yamahammer426

Posted April 27, 2012 - 08:49 AM

Are the mounts plastic? I'm wondering if it'd screw with the adhesive on the bottom of the mount if you took a heat gun and heated it enough to shape it to the top of the helmet.

• KrAsS

Posted April 27, 2012 - 10:22 AM

I had the same concern... My solution was to reinforce the edges of the mount (where they meet the helmet) with a thin bead of epoxy. Then you know for sure that the mount is NEVER coming off. :banghead:

• Zombatar

Posted April 27, 2012 - 02:04 PM

Duct Tape. It fixes anything. :banghead:

Posted Image

• Falcon991

Posted April 27, 2012 - 02:27 PM

I had the same worry with my GoPro mount, but that thing is on there good. The adhesive is gnarly! Plus, there is a foam pad sandwiched in there between the mount and your helmet and it makes up for some of the slop.

• Justink437

Posted April 28, 2012 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. The further forward I slid the mount the closer it got to matching the helmet so I just adjusted my visor down and pushed pretty hard when applying the mount so that the middle would touch and it looks like it worked but have not ridden with it yet so I guess I'll see if it works next time I ride.

• rivvs250

Posted April 28, 2012 - 07:41 AM

you will hear a tic tic

• LegendLength

Posted April 28, 2012 - 09:26 AM

You won't hear a thing it'll be fine. Be sure to use the little rubber thing though.

I've done it on 3 helmets all of which didn't fit the curve properly. Even my current setup which is a chin mount has less than 30% of the glue touching the helmet. Stays on fine and no weird sounds. That stuff is very strong.

Related Content

Reviews

Beta 350 RR 2014 by Bryan Bosch

Beta 350 RR 2014
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wheel differences between the 230L and 230F? by phillidius

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Kawasaki KX250F 2014 by Michael499

Kawasaki KX250F 2014
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

what should i buy? 230f or 250x? by offroad circus

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250X
  • Hot  25 replies
Forums
Photo

99 Cr125r not running correctly by josephduckworth

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.