3 bike trailer plan

4 replies to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted October 20, 2003 - 10:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if any of you have plans for a 3 bike trailer.

I was thinking of 3 U shaped ramps mounted on a frame with a lowered axle. If possible I'd use aluminium.

I already have a trailer but it's too heavy just for hauling the bikes. I could probably build one from scratche, but I'd rather have a proven plan that people are happy with.

Thanks

• jwriott

Posted October 20, 2003 - 11:58 AM

Do you have access to Harbor Freight Tools? www.harborfreight.com

They have small folding trailers for about $239 that you can add wheel chocks and plywood to. They make a decent, lightweight trailer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Jason

Posted October 20, 2003 - 01:28 PM

Saw a guy this weekend. His trailer was the front of a 56 Chevey Pick up frame with 3 C chanels weled on. A forth C chanel was bolted to the cross members with a pair of wing nuted bolts for a ramp. The same bolts were dropped into the lip of the ramp to secure it to the rails for loading unloading.
Other than that, for a cheap, titled trailer, look for beat up pop up trailers. Get em for free if you see em in back yards and ask the owner if they want to get rid of it if you pay the title tranfer fees ect. Clean off the pop up and check the wires, throw on your ply wood deck, tire clamps, C channels or what ever and your off.
Alot of guys love those tire clamps you bolt into your pickup or trailer deck. One man deal, drive your front tire into it, and pull the clamp over the tire and down. It can be locked I think, some tie straps for saftey and your gone.

• galant2nr

Posted October 22, 2003 - 07:36 AM

I use one of the 4x8 Harbor Freight trailers and I really like it. It is super light and I just used plywood and wheel chocks. I fit two bikes on mine no problem, so 3 should be doable..

• rockieman

Posted October 23, 2003 - 03:23 PM

I use an old Holsclaw trailer....they are not manufactured any longer. You can pick em up cheap ($300) and their light and very durable. You do have to load the middle bike in backwards....I've hauled three on long trips with no problems. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.