timing jumped

1 reply to this topic
  • Ben82

Posted April 26, 2012 - 12:54 PM

Ijust put my wr 400 back together fired it up rode it for 15 minutes all of a sudden it shut down. so i tore it back apart and it had jumped timing so i guess the tensioner let loose i ordered a new tensioner should i check somthing else out before i try to crank it again other than the valves they are fine this has me worried i don't want to tear my bike up i hope i got lucky because everything seems to be ok

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted April 27, 2012 - 05:03 AM

I would definately replace the timing chain too!! My guess is that the timing chain is stretched also, and along with the tensioner, this allowed the timing to jump. If you don't want to spend major money in your very near future, I'd replace that chain.
Maniac

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.