Calling Scott F.

3 replies to this topic
  • Glen_T

Posted September 05, 2001 - 06:04 AM

Hi Scott,

Some time ago you sent me a piece of material for a cb-key. After a long hard ride in some sand, I'm beginning to hear some "noise" in the engine again. I still have plenty of stock to make a new keyway, but I was wondering if you had ever needed to replace your keyway again? I'm thinking it could be time to replace my piston as the sound I'm hearing is much more subtle. Thanks for all your help!

• Scott_F

Posted September 05, 2001 - 06:29 AM

Glen, I sold that bike right after the fix, so I don't know the longevity of it. I would expect it to be semi-permanent, since I made mine longer and tighter than stock. Unless the alloy was significantly softer, it should still be good. OTOH, I hope it is the key and not a more serious problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Glen_T

Posted September 05, 2001 - 10:20 AM

Hi Scott,
I don't think it is anything serious. Maybe just my imagination too. It's definitely not a broken gear like so many have had. I made my key as long and tight as possible too. I bought a couple of yamaha replacements as well. I was able to make your stock fit much better than a new original part. :-) Thanks for the info.

• Scott_F

Posted September 06, 2001 - 06:44 AM

Right on.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.